The University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) has been named one of the Top Workplaces in the Greater Memphis area for the third consecutive year in The Commercial Appeal.
The recognition is based solely on employee surveys conducted by Workplace Dynamics. A total of about 22,000 employees from large, medium and small workplaces, as well as schools and universities, took the survey. UTHSC was among 60 employers that received the 2016 Top Workplaces distinction in the Greater Memphis area, ranking in 9th place out of the 10 workplaces in the large company category.
Pay, benefits and feeling appreciated were some of the topics in the survey. Other survey topics on which respondents from the 60 employers that ranked as Top Workplaces agreed include:
- 82.5 percent would recommend the workplace
- 85.5 percent agree the company conducts business with strong values and ethics
- 82.4 percent are confident with the leader of the company
- 81.7 percent feel appreciated by the employer
- 79.8 percent have flexibility with work-life balance
- 75.2 percent agree company runs well and efficiently
- 76.3 percent agree the workplace empowers them to work at their full potential
“Thank you to our wonderful employees for naming UTHSC a Top Workplace for the third year in a row,” said Chandra Alston, EdD, MBA, associate vice chancellor of Human Resources for UTHSC. “Our leadership team recognizes the contributions that each employee makes to attain our organizational goals. We will continue to work hard to make UTHSC an employer of choice.”
Data supplied from Top Workplaces 2016, The Commercial Appeal