The Sick Leave Bank (SLB) was created to help employees who have exhausted all personal accrued leave an opportunity to protect their income due to a personal illness or injury. Members may receive up to 90 days of sick leave bank hours per year.
SLB members must be on approved Family and Medical Leave. Requests for withdrawals are reviewed by the appointed SLB Trustees. Members who are granted time receive their normal pay and continue to accrue sick and annual leave.
To be eligible to enroll in this benefit employees must:
- Be classified as regular, full-time, or part-time and be in an active pay status, which allows accrual of sick leave.
- Have a balance of at least 48 sick leave hours when leave is assessed.
- Agree to a one-time assessment (donation) of 24 hours of sick leave for full-time employees.
- Part-time employee’s assessments will be pro-rated based on the percentage of effort.
The following illnesses and injuries are ineligible for a grant from the sick leave bank:
- Caring for a spouse, child, parent, or any other individual who is not the employee
- Elective surgeries
- Normal pregnancy and childbirth
- Intermittent medical leave
- Conditions for which an employee is receiving:
Worker’s Compensation benefits
Employees must have a minimum balance of 6 days of sick leave by July 1st. Current members do not need to reenroll.
For additional information, visit the Sick Leave Bank website.
Contact Brandi Martin:
(901) 448-8481 or email@example.com