Available January 22 – 28, 2024
Link to presentation: https://mondaymorningmentors.com
As artificial intelligence is rapidly becoming accessible, there’s a growing concern among faculty of its potential misuse by students. After all, students won’t genuinely learn in the classroom if they are tempted to complete assignments using AI shortcuts.
The formidable task of monitoring assignments for plagiarism in the age of AI is the latest burden for faculty. Given the swift evolution of this transformative tool, it’s entirely understandable that many faculty members are still grappling with a full understanding of this new technology.
It’s time to reclaim your classroom as a space for genuine learning, untainted by AI shortcuts. This Magna 20-Minute Mentor serves as the solution to the rising challenge of academic integrity in the artificial intelligence era. The presenter equips educators with practical and easily implemented strategies to foster a culture of academic integrity while effectively thwarting unauthorized AI use. Gain support in teaching students when AI input is acceptable and setting clear objectives for students to follow.
After viewing this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, participants will be able to:
- Discuss academic integrity with students
- Demonstrate a model of integrity
- Modify expectations of originality
- Create authentic assessment tasks
- Detect and sanction cases of plagiarism
- Strategies for preventing plagiarism
- Strategies for promoting academic integrity
- Methods to integrate artificial intelligence into teaching ethically and with integrity