Marking your calendar to show you are out of the office is easy and lets others know you are unavailable.
- Open Outlook.
- Select the Calendar icon.
- Select New Appointment to create a new appointment.
- Type a subject, such as Holiday or Annual Leave — Note: the subject is only visible to you!
- Specify the date range you will take leave in the Start time and End time boxes.
- Check the All day event option if you are taking the entire day.
- Select Out of Office from the Show As drop-down list under the menu options.
- Click Save & Close to save the event.
Want to use Outlook more efficiently? Visit our Outlook page.