Pursuant to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), this notice is for students, faculty, and staff to advise that the following student information is directory information subject to disclosure by the University upon request: name; email address (university-supplied); classification; full-time or part-time status; major field of study; dates of attendance; degrees and awards received; photographic, video, or electronic images and / or voice of students taken and maintained by the university; and most recent previous educational institution attended.
The Act also encompasses six basic requirements:
- Students must be annually notified of their FERPA rights.
- Students must be allowed to review their education records.
- Students must be allowed to request to amend their education records, with limited exceptions.
- Students must be allowed to limit disclosure of personally identifiable information contained in their education records.
- The college or university must undertake reasonable efforts to ensure that third parties do not re-disclose personally identifiable information and that the information is utilized by third parties only for its intended purpose.
- Records must be maintained of requests for and disclosure of student education records.
More information and frequently asked questions about FERPA are available on the Registrar’s FERPA webpage: https://www.uthsc.edu/registrar/ferpa.php
You may also contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.