An advisory board for the University of Tennessee Health Science Center resulting from the UT FOCUS Act passed by the state legislature in 2018 will hold its inaugural meeting in Nashville on January 10, 2019. The meeting will take place in the boardroom at Delta Dental of Tennessee, 240 Venture Circle, beginning at 7 a.m.
Agenda items include:
- Call to order and roll call
- Welcome and introductions
- Adoption of bylaws of the UTHSC Advisory Board — roll-call vote
- Election of a chair of the Advisory Board — roll-call vote
- Election of the secretary of the Advisory Board on the chancellor’s recommendation — roll-call vote
- Appointment of the initial student member of the Advisory Board on the chancellor’s recommendation — roll-call vote
- Setting future meeting dates — roll-call vote
- Potential agenda items for future meetings — discussion item
- State of UT Health Science Center orientation — information item
Each UT campus across the state will be served by an advisory board of five public members, one faculty member, and one student member. Appointed by Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam, confirmed by the General Assembly, and announced in December, the UTHSC Advisory Board members are: U.S. District Court Judge Mark Norris, Collierville; Michael Ugwueke, Germantown, president and CEO of Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare; Vicky Gregg, Chattanooga, a principal with Guidon Partners; Lynn Massingale, MD, Knoxville, co-founder of TeamHealth; Phil Wenk, DDS, Brentwood, president and CEO of Delta Dental of Tennessee.
The full agenda for each meeting and materials will be available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (901) 448-5544.
Individuals with a disability who wish to attend this meeting may contact the ADA coordinator for the UTHSC Office of Equity and Diversity (OED), 920 Madison Avenue, Suite 825, Memphis, Tennessee, 38163, telephone 901-448-7382 (V/TTY available), email email@example.com, to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact may be made in person, by writing, by email, by telephone, or otherwise.