This 20-Minute Mentor explores different ways to frame the reading requirements in your academic class and make reading strategies a part of the conversation from day one—which will lead students to more rewarding engagement.
You’ll also examine interventions you can introduce to make the reading in your courses more dynamic and engaging for your students.
After viewing this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, participants will be able to:
- Discuss how to make reading part of the conversation in any course, from day one
- Establish some best practices for reading course-related materials
- Check students’ knowledge retention and reading habits as the course goes on
- Develop and apply specific interventions to model and support active reading of course content
- How to instruct students to apply deep and active reading to course materials
- Strategies to teach students for notetaking and retention when reading course materials
- Pulse check for content comprehension and proper reading habits
- Specific interventions to help support student reading in your course