On Friday, Feb. 21, the College of Allied Health Sciences at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) will host an open house for prospective students from 2 to 4 p.m. The college is searching for prospective students with required college-level prerequisites for its next classes in dental hygiene, physician assistant studies, physical therapy, occupational therapy, cytotechnology, histotechnology, medical technology, and health informatics and information management.
The event, to be held in the lower-level auditorium of the Student-Alumni Center, 800 Madison Avenue, will provide information to individuals interested in learning more about educational programs for careers in allied health.
- Dental hygienists provide preventive and therapeutic services for the control of oral diseases.
- Physician assistants support physicians and patients in offices, clinics and many other health care settings.
- Physical and occupational therapists provide the majority of rehabilitation services to patients.
- Cytotechnologists, histotechnologists and medical technologists prepare lab samples and monitor clinical laboratory tests.
- Health information management professionals are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality of patient records, as well as staying abreast of reimbursement rules and regulations.
During the open house, prospective students will have the opportunity to talk with UTHSC Allied Health Sciences faculty and students, tour teaching labs, and meet with representatives from the financial aid and admissions departments. College-level prerequisite coursework is required prior to admission for all UTHSC Allied Health Sciences programs.
For more information about a career in an allied health profession, visit the college’s website at: www.uthsc.edu/allied. To R.S.V.P. for the open house or for more information, call (901) 448-2126 or e-mail email@example.com.
Parking is available in the garage adjacent to the 930 Madison Avenue building.