Explore Bike Share is hosting The Big Roll-Out this Wednesday morning, May 23, to launch the new bike share program, and we need your help to ride the bikes to the racks on campus! UTHSC is excited to have two bike racks for Explore Bike Share on campus – one is located at the Madison Plaza, and the other is at Madison and Manassas in front of the SAC.
If you would like to volunteer to ride one of the bikes to campus, please register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/explore-bike-share-launch-event-rider-downtown-tickets-45592840413?aff=erelpanelorg#tickets
Once you click “register” please choose the stations at 920 Madison or Madison/Manassas. These are available on a first-come basis. If they are full, feel free to register for another location. Once registered, you will receive specific event information.
Here is the overview of the day:
- 8:00-8:30 am: arrive at 61 Keel Ave. (We recommend carpooling as there is limited parking. Breakfast will be provided.)
- 9:00 am: depart in mass by bike to Court Square
- 9:30 am: official roll-out ceremony and ribbon cutting
- 10:00 am: depart by bike to assigned bike stations
- 10:30 am: end ride at assigned bike station (bike volunteers who drive to 61 Keel we need a plan to retrieve their vehicle)
Each bike will have two water bottles and a granola bar in the basket.
If you are interested in supporting this launch, but aren’t able to help ride in a bike, please join us to welcome in the riders at our UTHSC bike racks around 10:00-10:30 am on Wednesday morning, and cheer on the other riders who are riding bikes to other locations around Memphis!