The Library is pleased to announce a limited reopening for current UTHSC students beginning on Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020. The Library is taking measures to be compliant with Shelby County regulations, UT System best practices, and UTHSC policies.
In this first step of reopening, much of the space will be unavailable. Access will be limited to individual study carrels and rooms. The Library will also be limiting the hours open to Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Further, students must make reservations in advance to reserve one of 50 slots. Beginning Monday, June 1st, students may make a reservation for the next day online at the UTHSC Library website beginning at 12pm on a first come, first served basis. Reservations will close at 8pm. Only students with reservations will be admitted to the Library. Other policies in this first step include:
- As COVID-19 return to campus guidelines dictate, students must always wear a face mask and observe 6 ft. social distancing. All students will be REQUIRED to complete COVID-19 training prior to coming back to the UTHSC campus.
- Upon arrival at the Library, students will buzz into the Information Desk at the 2nd floor entrance. ID badge access to the Library will not be turned on, but students will need their ID to check out their carrels/rooms.
- Study carrels and rooms will be assigned, and students will check out the key for that day as they arrive while observing social distancing markers put in place by the Library.
- Students may not request specific carrels or rooms.
- Students should not come to the Library unless they receive a confirmation email for their reservation for the current day.
- Breakrooms will be closed (no refrigerators, no microwaves).
- No equipment or computers will be available for checkout during this phase of reopening.
- Students will be expected to stay in their assigned study carrel/room while in the Library. Common areas are unavailable for the time being.
- If you leave the Library during the day for a break, you must buzz back into the Library and check in at the desk before returning to your assigned carrel/room.
- All keys must be returned to the 2nd floor Information Desk by 5pm.
- Campus police will clear the building at 5pm.
- Carrels/rooms will be cleaned and sanitized by housekeeping before the Library opens at 8am.
Thank you for your cooperation as we begin the process of reopening. We hope to see you soon!