On behalf of the Graduate Student Executive Council (GSEC), I would like to invite you to the first annual UTHSC Biomedical Symposium, a student-run, one-day symposium that will be held on Friday, September 20th from 8am-5pm at Memphis Bioworks: 20 South Dudley Street, Memphis, TN 38103.
The UTHSC Biomedical Symposium, titled Pathway to Discovery: From Basic Science to Translational Medicine, is a full-day event organized by the Graduate Student Executive Council of the College of Graduate Health Sciences at the UTHSC. Our goal is to bring together bright minds to foster an environment of learning, inspiration, and wonder through idea-focused presentations covering a wide range of subjects with the ultimate goal of provoking meaningful scientific conversations. The learning objectives for this symposium include 1) how to efficiently move from basic science discoveries to clinical applications and 2) how social determinants of health contribute to health disparities.
Speakers for the event include:
- Dr. Albert Garcia-Romeu from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Instructor of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
- Dr. Adah Almutairi from University of California San Diego, Professor in Skaggs School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Dr. Minoli Perera from Northwestern University, Professor in Department of Pharmacology
- Dr. Michael Kobor from University of British Columbia, Professor of Medical Genetics
- Dr. Jennifer Thomas from San Diego State University, Professor in Department of Psychology
- Dr. Donald Stein from Emory University, Professor of Emergency Medicine
- Dr. Jeffery Medin from Medical College of Wisconsin, Professor of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
- Dr. Gregory Vidal from UTHSC and West Cancer Clinic, Professor of Hematology/Oncology
The UTHSC Biomedical Symposium will be followed by a Networking Social Celebration at the Orpheum Theatre. The symposium and social is free and open to all. Food and beverages will be provided at both the symposium and social. Parking is free. Promotional items and giveaways will be given to attendees. We hope to see you at the event!
For more information please email Jessica Baker (email@example.com).
Visit the UTHSC Biomedical Symposium Facebook page for updated schedule and presentation topics.
Register on the UTHSC Biomedical Symposium Facebook page or through Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/uthsc-biomedical-symposium-pathway-to-discovery-tickets-63782650625?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&aff=escb&utm-source=cp&utm-term=listing
Thank you for your time and attention!