KNOXVILLE – The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees will hold its winter meetings on Feb. 25 in the Gault Fine Arts Center (art gallery) located on the University of Tennessee Southern campus, 423 West Madison Street, Pulaski, Tennessee.
Meetings are scheduled as follows:
- 8 a.m. CST/9 a.m. EST – Finance and Administration Committee
- 9:45 a.m. CST/10:45 a.m. EST – Education, Research and Service Committee
- 1 p.m. CST/2 p.m. EST – Full Board of Trustees
All meeting times are approximate. If a meeting ends earlier or later than expected, the next meeting may begin following a short break. All meetings will be webcast live and archived for later viewing; a link to the webcast will be available at tennessee.edu.
Agenda items include, but are not limited to:
- President’s address
- Appointment of a treasurer for the UT System
- Revised FY 2021-22 Operating Budget
- Additional Revenue/Institutionally-Funded Capital Projects, FY 2022-23
- Action regarding FY 2022-23 tuition and fees at the UT Health Science Center
- Annual Report on Finances of the Intercollegiate Athletics Programs
- Campus safety reports
- Amendments to the Campus Master Plan for UT Knoxville
- Proposed extension of the probationary period for tenure due to COVID-19
- An informational update regarding the use of standardized testing in admissions
The full agenda for each meeting is available at https://trustees.tennessee.edu/ or by contacting the individuals below. All meeting materials will be posted in advance of the meetings and available at https://trustees.tennessee.edu/.
Requests to address the board may be submitted using the online form or the pdf at: trustees.tennessee.edu/requests-to-address-the-board/. Requests will be accepted until 5 p.m. EST on Monday, Feb. 21. The Board’s Standing Rule Governing Requests to Address the Board (also at the above link) describes the procedures, terms, and conditions that govern requests to address the Board. Persons who have preregistered to speak will be scheduled to speak in a committee meeting or the full board meeting on a first come, first served basis.
Those wishing to attend the public meetings in person will be required to adhere to the University’s health and safety guidelines applicable to visitors on the campus. Anyone with a disability who wishes to attend this meeting may contact the individuals listed below to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact may be made in person, by writing, by email, by telephone or otherwise and should be received no later than 5 p.m. EST, Thursday, Feb. 24.
The University of Tennessee System distributes this notice to all faculty and staff as part of its compliance with the adequate public notice requirement of state open meetings law.
Melissa Tindell, 865-974-0741, email@example.com, 505 Summer Place, UT Tower #1236, Knoxville, TN 37902
Natalie Keener, 865-974-4211, firstname.lastname@example.org, 505 Summer Place, UT Tower #1241A, Knoxville, TN 37902