All employees must complete the Human Resources Notice of COVID-19 Formfor the following occurrences:
- If you test positive for COVID-19
- If you had close contact with someone who is COVID-19 positive
- If you live in the same household as someone who is COVID-19 positive
In the interest of maintaining the health and safety of the campus, the University has implemented the following safety procedure:
- 5-day self-isolation for COVID-19 positive employees.
- 5-day quarantine following non-household close contact exposure for non-vaccinated employees.
- If you are up-to-date with your vaccinations and boosters, or have recovered from COVID-19 within the last three (3) months, no quarantine is required after a non-household close contact exposure.
- However, you are expected to wear a mask, remain socially distant, and monitor for symptoms for a 10-day period.
- 5-day quarantine while exposed to a household close contact and an additional 5-day quarantine after the case’s isolation has ended (i.e. 10-day quarantine for household contact with a COVID-19 positive individual).
- Employees with household exposures who voluntarily provide documentation of their up-to-date vaccination status are not required to quarantine.
- ALL employees experiencing the above need to request clearance prior to returning to campus from University Health Services (UHS).
- UHS will provide authorization to return to campus and can advise employees on their unique health situations
- If you continue to have fever or your other symptoms have not improved after 5 days of isolation, you should wait to end your isolation until you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and your other symptoms have improved. Continue to wear a well-fitting mask. Contact your healthcare provider if you have questions.
- If approved by your supervisor and if your job duties allow, you may telecommute during your isolation or quarantine period. When unable to telecommute, accrued sick or annual leave must be used for work time missed.
All employees are encouraged to get tested (if they have had a close contact to someone testing positive for COVID-19, suspect exposure, or have symptoms) and vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information and further guidance, please see:
- UTHSC Campus Updates
- UTHSC/UCH Testing Site at Van Vleet Building
- COVID-19 Testing Available at UHS
- COVID-19 and Flu Vaccine Available at UHS
- Coronavirus Disease Information and Resources
- UTHSC Campus Safety Standard Operating Procedure for COVID-19 Management
- CDC Guidelines for Quarantine and Isolation
- COVID-19 Dos and Don’ts for Supervisors
Thank you for your patience as we continue to work through the changing protocols of the pandemic. We very much appreciate how understanding and cooperative our employees are to ensure the health and safety of our campus!
If you have any questions about the COVID-19 reporting procedure, please contact HR at 901.448.5600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.