Hello UTHSC volunteers! Thank you for your continued dedication to volunteering to serve our community.
The following opportunities need volunteers! Please check to see if you can help fill any of these needs:
- Peppertree Apartments OctoberFest Health Outreach – join us as we celebrate fall with Peppertree Apartments residents, and provide medical, developmental, and dental screenings. Saturday, October 22. Volunteers will receive a t-shirt and food!
- Remote Area Medical Pop-Up Clinic – Your time and professional expertise are needed to assist the homeless, uninsured, under-insured, low-income residents of Memphis. All registration is done online. The next RAM event will be in Frayser on October 22 and 23rd. Click on the “Volunteer” link to complete registration.
- UTHSC Campus Cupboard – New Opportunities! : Learn how to check in clients, ensure proper food safety, and maintain a welcoming environment for pantry clients. Check the Campus Cupboard Givepulse page for more opportunities.
- Love Thy Neighbor : Help pack and/or distribute food boxes for hungry Shelby County residents. Opportunities available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Room In The Inn – Serve breakfast to our unhoused nieghbors, help in the community garden, or help out with Trunk or Treat! Check out Memphis Street Health’s Givepulse Page for other opportunities.
- Health Students Teach Memphis Youth – Health Students Teach Memphis Youth is a student-run organization that educates local elementary and middle school students about various aspects of health, from nutrition to mental and physical wellness to safety. Multiple opportunities!
Looking for additional volunteer options? Visit our Community Partners to view their ongoing events or click “Get Involved” on the GivePulse menu to search options in your area! Have a volunteer opportunity you’d like to have featured in this digest? Please email Jess Guthrie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, when you log into GivePulse, make sure to use the “log in via UTHSC” option to make sure that you receive accurate credit for your service hours!
If you have questions about GivePulse or volunteering, please email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for volunteering your time!