Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Hello UTHSC volunteers! Thank you for your continued dedication to volunteering to serve our community.
The following opportunities need volunteers! Please check to see if you can help fill any of these needs:
- Red Door Urban Ministries/Peppertree Apartments Summer Fest –Provide health and dental screenings and health education for children and residents of Peppertree Apartments in South Memphis. Many roles available! Saturday, July 30 from 11:30 AM to 4 PM.
- Back to School Vaccines for Children – Spring and Summer – Help local children catch up on back-to-school vaccine requirements they may have missed. Clinical and non-clinical roles available. Multiple roles, multiple locations.
- UTHSC Campus Cupboard – New Opportunities! : Learn how to check in clients, ensure proper food safety, and maintain a welcoming environment for pantry clients. Check the Campus Cupboard Givepulse page for more opportunities.
- Love Thy Neighbor : Help pack and/or distribute food boxes for hungry Shelby County residents. Opportunities available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Room In The Inn – Multiple new opportunities! Help with RITI’s summer camp, volunteer in the community garden, or help serve breakfast. Check out Memphis Street Health’s Givepulse Page for other opportunities.
Looking for additional volunteer options? Visit our Community Partners to view their ongoing events or click “Get Involved” on the GivePulse menu to search options in your area! Have a volunteer opportunity you’d like to have featured in this digest? Please email Jess Guthrie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, when you log into GivePulse, make sure to use the “log in via UTHSC” option to make sure that you receive accurate credit for your service hours!
If you have questions about GivePulse or volunteering, please email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for volunteering your time!