Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) is a commemorative day focusing on digital accessibility and inclusion. While GAAD was launched by two individuals working in the information technology sector, the stated purpose of GAAD is to encourage everyone to talk, think, and learn more about digital access and inclusion.
The Office of Equity and Diversity and the Teaching and Learning Center have selected a variety of activities and events to promote a virtual celebration of GAAD 2020. Select an online event or activity from the list below and join us in commemorating this important date.
Webinars and Panels:
- 2020 GAAD Panel: Today’s Challenges, Tomorrow’s Vision – May 21, 2020, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM CT
- Basic Accessibility Fundamentals Bootcamp – May 21, 2020, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM CT
- Virtual Panel: Teleworking for People with Disabilities – May 21, 2020, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM CT
- Equity in the Classroom: Ensuring Open Educational Resources (OER) Are Accessible to Everyone – May 21, 2020, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM CT
- Join the #OhMyGAAD 7 day challenge to receive a week’s worth of accessibility challenges, tips, and resources, delivered daily to your inbox.
- Play Accessibility Trivia: In honor of GAAD 2020, Teach Access has created an accessibility trivia game for you to play at home, either individually or as a group.