We don’t usually pay much attention to what is behind us until we log on to a meeting. If you don’t have a great option, Zoom has a “virtual background” that you can set within the Zoom app on your laptop.
Zoom allows for personalized virtual backgrounds. Communications and Marketing has created several official UTHSC backgrounds for use by faculty, staff, and students.
- Download an official UTHSC Zoom background.
Windows Users: You will need to open your Downloads folder and double click the .zip file you just downloaded. Drag the .png file in that folder to the Downloads folder.
- Open Zoom.
- Click on your Profile (top right) then select Settings.
Note: You may see, “To enable smart virtual background, download the smart virtual background package. You only need to download it once” dialog box. Click the Download button.
- Select Virtual Background.
- Select the + button and select Add Image.
- Double click the UTHSC Zoom background image in your Downloads folder.
- Click the X (Mac: top left corner; Windows: top right corner) to close.
For daily tips and information visit the UTHSC Faculty and Staff Resources for Working Remotely website.