Happy Holidays! It is that time of year again when law enforcement across the country campaign to increase motorist awareness about being safe and keeping their valuables safe in their vehicles. Criminals look for moments of opportunity by targeting cars for gifts and other valuables left in plain view.
During this holiday season, we are encouraging students, faculty, and staff to partnership with UT Campus Police to deter, reduce, and STOP vehicle burglaries.
- Hide your valuables (Cell phones, purses, laptops, briefcases, etc.)
- To prevent identity theft, do not leave wallets, personal documents such as checks, credit cards, social security cards, or driver’s license inside your vehicle
- Put your valuables either in a trunk or somewhere out of sight
- Lock your car doors
- Don’t leave children in cars
- Don’t leave guns in cars (Criminals use them to commit other crimes to include homicides)
- Use anti-burglary fixes like car alarms, GPS anti-theft devices
DON’T BE A VICTIM! STOW IT! DON’T SHOW IT!
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR UT CAMPUS POLICE
Chief Anthony Berryhill
UTHSC Campus Police