Join LACU in Celebrating Biomedical Research Awareness Day!
BRAD – Biomedical Research Awareness Day – is celebrated annually around the world on the third Thursday in April. Due to social distancing, we decided not hold our annual BRAD celebration gathering in 2020. Instead, please join us virtually in celebrating the hero’s of research – the animals, animal care takers, and research staff, that contribute to life saving treatments and cures.
Upload your own pictures and stories to be shared on the new LACU BRAD webpage:
1.) Take a photo of yourself with this sign showing your appreciation for the scientists and animals attempting to find a cure for COVID19.
2.) Get creative and show your appreciation through art!
- Download and color the BRAD coloring sheets available HERE
- Draw, color, or paint your favorite research animal
- Make thank you cards for your animal care and research staff
3.) Share stories about
- your favorite research animal and how that animal has contributed to science
- a study with animals that has directly impacted your life
- the important role that animals have in combating COVID19 (see educational videos from AMP HERE)
4.) Download the White Board Activity HERE, and take a picture of yourself with a completed prompt.
Any other fun ideas you have – share them with us!
Please take pictures of any and all of these things, and send them to LACUBRAD@uthsc.edu to have them shared on our website.
The new LACU BRAD webpage can be accessed under the “Section Links” tab at the bottom of the LACU home page, or by clicking here.