Before you hang your stockings by the chimney with care, be sure to tie up a few loose ends at the office!
- Set your Automatic Replies in Outlook
- Mark your Outlook calendar as Out of Office for the Winter Break and Annual/Sick Leave days
To set your Automatic Reply In Outlook:
- Click on File in the upper left hand corner
- Click on Automatic Replies
- Select Send automatic replies
- Select Only send during this time range and update the dates and times you will be out of the office
- Update your message, and be sure to include the date you return, contact information for your backup, and if you will be checking your emails.
- If you would like to include an automatic reply for emails sent from outside of UTHSC, click on Outside My Organization
- Click on OK to save
To mark your Outlook calendar as Out of Office:
- Click on New Items in the upper left side of the ribbon
- Select Appointment
- Type in your Subject, such as “Winter Break”
- Update the dates and times you will be out of the office
- You can select “All day event” to indicate that you will be out for the entire day
- Under Show As, click on the dropdown menu and select Out of Office – This will turn your calendar entry to a pink/purple color.
- Click on Save & Close
Now everyone who checks your availability in the Scheduling Assistant will see that you are out of the office.
Visit the UTHSC Helpdesk FAQs for more tips & tricks for using Outlook Calendaring.
Happy Holidays! Enjoy your break and stay safe & healthy!