The UTHSC College of Dentistry is currently seeking participants for an investigational sleep apnea appliance being developed to test an alternative treatment approach for sleep apnea patients who are mouth-breathers, instead of the traditional mask and head-strap device:
To qualify, you must:
- Use a full face mask that covers both nose and mouth
- diagnosed with sleep apnea
- at least 21 years of age
- Is in general good health condition
- Have had a Polysomnography (PSG; in-lab) sleep study within the last 3 years
- Currently using a CPAP or APAP device
- Be a mouth-breather
- Have at least 8 healthy teeth
- Presents with no current gum infections or diseases
- Willing to follow all treatment procedures and recommendations
Each participant will receive a custom sleep apnea oronasal appliance for use during the study and up to $50 for full participation in the 5 week study.
Please contact Maddie Singer at 901-448-2827 or Colette Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org; 901-448-1525 for more information.