This past year, the Office of Communications and Marketing introduced an Email Signature Generator to campus that creates the official UTHSC email signature: https://uthsc.edu/brand/email/index.php
The email signature that is generated from the link above is required for all UTHSC faculty and staff to use on all internal and external email communication, and should not be altered. A consistent email signature provides recipients with an awareness of UTHSC, while also reflecting positively on the professionalism of our institution.
The UTHSC policy on email signatures can be found here.
Please take a moment to visit the generator and make sure your email signature is compliant:
- Please fill out all fields correctly on the Email Signature Generator: https://uthsc.edu/brand/email/index.php
- If your office building and address are the same, please do not repeat them
- Hit “submit” at the bottom when the form is complete
- Two signatures will be generated – one with, and one without, the UTHSC ShortSig logo; the logo version is preferred, but not required
- Copy your preferred signature (including the logo, if that’s your preferred option) and paste it into your email client (Outlook, Apple Mail, etc. – and don’t forget your cell phone’s email client, if you check UTHSC email via your cell phone)
- Do not alter the spacing, font, logo, color, or any other part of the email signature
- Do not use any other email signatures, photos, emojis, symbols, or text as part of your email signature – only email signatures created from the Email Signature Generator are permitted
- All phone numbers (telephone, cell, fax, lab, etc.) must have periods in them, not dashes or parenthesis
- The only allowed edit to the email signature generated is to add an additional phone, cell, fax, or lab number – To make this edit, please copy the telephone line of text, paste a copy on the next line, highlight the “t:” and change to “f:” for fax numbers, “c:” for cell numbers, “t:” for additional telephone numbers, or “l:” for lab numbers
- If you have any problems with the Email Signature Generator, please email email@example.com.
For additional information relating to UTHSC branding, please visit our branding website at uthsc.edu/brand. For information about the Office of Communications and Marketing, please visit uthsc.edu/communications.
Thank you in advance for helping to improve and build UTHSC’s brand recognition by making sure your email signature is compliant!
Assistant Vice Chancellor
Communications and Marketing