TITLE: PTSD: Understanding and Intervening
SPEAKER: John Spollen, MD, Director Consultation-Liaison, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System – Vice Chair of Education
DATE: Tuesday, Jan. 27, 2015
TIME: 11 am – 12:00 pm
LOCATION: 956 Court Ave., Coleman Building, Rm. 137, South Auditorium
- Describe epidemiology and diagnosis of PTSD
- Describe the neuroanatomy and neurophysiology involved in PTSD.
- Name the major evidence-based psychotherapies for PTSD and the major active component of all.
- Name the two FDA-approved treatments for PTSD.
- State the rationale and dosing in the use of prazosin