Did you know that IRIS is the single source of truth for all employee data? Numerous systems, including RingCentral, the directory, Archibus, and TechConnect, use IRIS employee data. So, if the information is incorrect in IRIS, it is incorrect in all systems.
How can you help?
As we prepare for the migration of our desk phones to RingCentral, the accuracy of the IRIS phone number is even more important. We ask that you encourage your departments, faculty, and staff to keep their work phone numbers and office addresses up to date. IRIS should contain the direct phone number for the individual and not a departmental number.
Here are the instructions for checking your work phone number:
- Click on Resources in the top menu of any UTHSC page and choose MyUT (may require login and/or authentication).
- Click the Employee Self-Service folder icon at the top of the page.
- Click Personal Profile (under Most Frequently Used on the right or click the P in the alphabetical listing)
- Go to the Primary Office address section and click the pencil icon to the right.
- Go to the Phone Number field and make an update, if necessary.
- Click the Save and Back button, and the phone number is immediately updated in IRIS.
If you notice that your name, work address, education information, or immigration or resident status is incorrect, please visit Updating Your Work and Personal Information for instructions on updating that information. Have more questions? Please contact HR (901.448.5600).