In 2022, RingCentral, a Voice over IP (VoIP) system, will replace our antiquated UTHSC telephone system.
A VoIP system allows you to make calls over the internet instead of through a traditional phone network. It’s a newer technology that is more flexible and offers many benefits we didn’t have with our old system. Plus, it will help us avoid outages (of which we’ve seen an increase with the old system).
What Makes RingCentral So Great?
- Saves your department money: No longer pay for domestic long-distance calls. (Charges still apply for international calls.)
- Works on multiple devices: Make calls from your computer, cell phone, tablet, etc.
- Protects your personal phone number: All of your calls will look as if they are coming from your work number, regardless of the device you use to make or receive a call.
- Eliminates directory lookups: All employees automatically will be in your RingCentral contact list. It works just like your cell phone!
- Allows you to set your phone office hours: No longer receive calls outside your set work hours. (They will be sent to voicemail.)
- Makes moving a breeze: Easier phone moves when you switch positions/departments or offices.
- Handles faxing: Send and receive electronic faxes using your office number.
Want to learn more about our decision to go with RingCentral? Check out this Unified Communications/VoIP RingCentral presentation.
How Can You Get Ready?
Ensure your work address and phone number are accurate for the new phone system rollout. Ensuring the system has your correct work address and phone number is essential for other processes that rely on the accuracy of your contact info, too!
Visit Updating Your Work and Personal Information for instructions on how to verify and update your contact information.