Please nominate a colleague for the UT President’s Awards today – we need your nominations by Tuesday, December 4 @ 11:59pm)!
We’ve made it quick to submit your nomination. You may nominate one person per category.
Read more about this prestigious award below or click here to submit your nomination now! It takes only 1-2 minutes to provide the name of a nominee and a few sentences as to how the nominee stands out in the category for which you are nominating him/her!
You may nominate one person per category; so, a total of 5 staff or faculty, one in each category. To do that, just re-enter the survey.
Because of your excellent nominations in 2016 and 2017, UTHSC faculty/staff received FOUR of the UT President’s Awards! Mr. Steve Butler, Director of Instructional Technology in Information Technology Services, received the Support Award. Dr. Guy Reed, then department chair of Medicine in the College of Medicine, received the Discover Award. Dr. Sam Dagogo-Jack, interim chair in the Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, also received the Discover Award. Dr. Trevor Sweatman, professor in the department of pharmacology, College of Medicine, received the Educate Award. Let’s get one or two more this year!
What is this about?
UT President Joe DiPietro has created a system-wide awards program recognizing outstanding contributions of our faculty and staff in the areas of education, research, outreach, and support.
- Education: Award honors accomplishments that enhance educational offerings and diverse learning environments
- Discover: Award honors discoveries and applications of knowledge
- Connect: Award honors outreach, engagement and service efforts and programs
- Support: Award honors efforts in support of educational excellence; discoveries and applications of knowledge; and outreach, engagement and service
- Diversity: Award honors the extraordinary effort of a faculty or staff member in support of the university’s commitment of diversity and inclusive excellence (the diversity category is new for this year)
What is being asked of me?
We need you to nominate deserving UTHSC faculty and staff for these awards; which are considered to be the highest honor a UT employee can receive.
Who is eligible? Eligibility criteria:
- Regular, full-time faculty or staff
- Located at ANY of our UTHSC locations
- Employed for at least 5 years prior to date of nomination
- Free from any disciplinary actions including performance improvement plans for the past 5 years
Who is not eligible?
- Prior President’s Award winners
- UT System Administration vice presidents
- Campus/institute chancellors and vice chancellors
- Foundation officers and IPS assistant vice presidents
We hope you will take a moment to nominate a deserving colleague today!
Read about the UT President’s Awards here:
Chandra Alston, Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources
Cindy Russell, Associate Vice Chancellor for Faculty Affairs