Available September 19 – 25, 2022
Link to presentation: https://mondaymorningmentors.com
The integration of instructional technology in the online classroom has the potential to increase student learning, satisfaction, and engagement. However, engaging students requires that instructors do more than simply integrate technology; technology must be intentionally selected to meet specific pedagogical needs.
With so many instructional technologies available, it can be overwhelming for faculty to know where to start. This 20-Minute Mentor explores five easy-to-use, free technologies that faculty can integrate into the online classroom to create a more personalized, interactive, impactful, and engaging learning experience. You’ll be provided with the foundation, guidance, and benefits to start connecting with students more effectively through these technologies.
After viewing this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of aligning technology selection with pedagogical goals
- Incorporate supplemental technology to increase student engagement with online videos
- Create instructional screencasts or videos to enhance student interest
- Design more engaging, interactive online presentations
- Create active learning exercises using online documents
- Enhance personalization in the online classroom using multimedia
- Incorporating technology to meet specific instructional objectives
- Considerations for using technology to support online teaching
- 5 easy-to-use, free technologies for online classroom use: