Available September 26 – October 2, 2022
Link to presentation: https://mondaymorningmentors.com
Simultaneously teaching students in person and remotely can feel like pedagogical juggling. It’s easy to see why this is one of the key challenges educators find with hyflex teaching. Ensuring that students in both contexts are engaged and learning actively requires a multitude of tactics, techniques, and tools in order to achieve student success. But where do you start?
This 20-Minute Mentor explores how you can set yourself up for hyflex success. You’ll dive into strategies for organizing class time to engage students wherever they are, active learning approaches that work for hyflex learning, and a set of resources that help bridge the gap between those in the room and those far away.
After viewing this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, participants will be able to:
- Discover new ways to make the most of hyflex teaching situations
- Explore creative techniques for teaching in engaging ways in hyflex formats
- Gain new ideas about tools and tactics that can help overcome hyflex teaching challenges
- The challenges of hyflex teaching, from juggling multiple roles to simultaneously maintaining supportive contact with distinct groups of students
- The benefits of hyflex teaching for student flexibility and agency
- Tactics and tools for effective hyflex teaching