Microsoft recently released new Windows 11 operating system (OS) as they phase out and cease support for some older versions. Plan to upgrade your computer this week to take advantage of these new features:
- Windows 11 (W11) offers new productivity features and functionality designed to meet the challenges of the hybrid world. It has a completely refreshed look and feel that helps you get more done with less stress. Learn more about what’s new at com/Windows-11.
- Learn more about the W11 fresh new feel and tools that make it easier to be efficient at Use W11 like a pro!
- Having all UTHSC-owned computers on Windows 11 streamlines and standardizes support (read: fewer problems and quicker service for you) while also helping to assure the security and compliance of the university’s data.
You now may update the latest OS that your machine supports by doing the following:
- Install via Software Center (located in your computer’s Start Menu)
- The latest OS available for your computer will be listed in the “Updates” section.
- Start your upgrade at the end of the day and allow at least one hour for the upgrade to complete.
- You do not need to VPN into the UTHSC network to install W11.
If you choose not to move to the new OS at this time, ITS will start automatically upgrading all qualified UTHSC-owned computers in mid-March.
Please contact the Service Desk at TechConnect or 901.448.2222 if you have questions.