Following the CDC’s recommendation to wear masks or face coverings in public settings, all essential UTHSC employees working on campus and UTHSC employees or students who come to campus for any reason are REQUIRED to wear face protective gear.
Per the CDC, cloth face coverings should—
- fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- be secured with ties or ear loops
- include multiple layers of fabric
- allow for breathing without restriction
- be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape
If you do not own a mask, the CDC’s website provides sew and no-sew instructions on how to make a mask.
In addition to wearing face masks and practicing social distancing, the UTHSC Facilities staff will be further protecting us from viruses by sanitizing our buildings with new electrostatic sprayers. These sprayers will send out disinfectants evenly into rooms and kill viruses within two minutes of contact.
It’s important for us to all do our part to keep each other safe during this pandemic. Thank you in advance for wearing a mask or face covering, constantly washing your hands or using hand sanitizer, and continuing to practice social distancing when around other people!