Apple has recently released the new macOS Monterey operating system (OS) as they phase out and cease support for some older versions. Plan to upgrade your computer this week to take advantage of these new features:
- Connect, share, and create like never before. Say hello to exciting new FaceTime updates. Explore a redesigned Safari. Discover and invent powerful new ways to work using Universal Control and Shortcuts. Stay in the moment with Focus. And so much more. Learn more by visiting: https://www.apple.com/macos/monterey/
- macOS Monterey builds on the same powerful foundation as macOS Big Sur, while offering distinct experiences designed just for the capabilities of Mac. Learn about the new features available at: https://www.apple.com/macos/monterey/features/
You now may update the latest OS that your machine supports by doing the following:
- On a macOS computer: Install via the Apple Support website
- Start your upgrade at the end of the day and allow at least one hour for the upgrade to complete.
- You do not need to VPN into the UTHSC network to install macOS Monterey.
If you choose not to move to the new OS at this time, ITS will start automatically upgrade all qualified UTHSC-owned computers in mid-March.
Click on Software Issue to report any issues you are having with your W11/macOS upgrade or call 901.448.2222 if you have questions.