Managing the workload of an online course can be more challenging than managing a face-to-face course.
In the absence of weekly face-to-face class meetings, online instructors have to work hard to make sure a course is running smoothly and to ensure students are progressing toward course goals while staying engaged in the material.
How can you keep everything organized when teaching online?
This 20 Minute Mentor program, How Should I Manage My Online Course? will walk you through an online instructor checklist created by the program presenter.
At the conclusion of this program, you will:
- Have a completed, sequential checklist for your online class that is designed to keep you organized and on task
- Understand how to keep students engaged in course material
- Know where to find additional resources for online courses
During this 20-minute professional development program, you will:
- Be introduced to the web-based checklist for organizing and managing an online course
- Understand how to customize the online checklist for your institution
- Identify how to effectively prep at the start of a semester
- Learn how, what, and when you need to communicate with students
- Discover effective ways to wrap up a class at the end of a semester
- Know where to find faculty development resources designed to support online teaching
- Create an instructor’s course manual you can use for many semesters to come