The library will reopen on Thursday, Dec. 3. All faculty and staff have completed their quarantine and the library has been deep cleaned so we are ready to be the home for your safe study sessions.
All of the same rules, listed below, still apply. You will be able to make a reservation starting Dec. 2 at noon.
In this step of reopening, the Library will be limiting the hours open to Monday through Saturday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Other policies in this step include:
- As COVID-19 return to campus guidelines dictate, students must always wear a face mask and observe 6 ft. social distancing. All students will be REQUIRED to complete COVID-19 training prior to coming back to the UTHSC campus. Student’s temperatures will be taken upon entering the Alexander Building, in accordance with campus policy.
- Only students with reservations will be admitted to the Library. Students should not come to the Library unless they receive a confirmation email for their reservation for the current day.
- Upon arrival at the Library, students will buzz into the Information Desk at the 2nd-floor entrance. ID badge access to the Library will not be turned on, but students will need their ID to enter the Alexander Building and to check-in at the Information Desk.
- Students must observe social distancing markers put in place by the Library.
- At check-in, students will be asked if they want a study room. Once all of the study rooms are checked out, students will then be allowed to choose where they want to study in the library. We have a number of tables, pods, and cubicles throughout the Library (one person to each table or pod). Students must still adhere to campus policies on wearing masks and social distancing. Group study is not permitted.
- Breakrooms will be closed (no refrigerators, no microwaves).
- No equipment or computers will be available for checkout during this phase of reopening.
- Students will be expected to stay in their study area while in the Library. Common areas are unavailable for the time being.
- If you leave the Library during the day for a break, you must buzz back into the Library and check-in at the desk before returning to your study space.
- All carrel keys must be returned to the 2nd floor Information Desk by 5:00 pm.
The Library can assure you that we are working to accommodate student needs and provide safe study spaces.
Thank you for your cooperation and we hope to see you soon!