The Health Sciences Library will now be open on Saturdays from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm! Students may make a reservation for the next day online at the UTHSC Library website beginning at 12:00 pm the day before on a first-come, first-served basis.
Other policies in this first step include:
- As COVID-19 return to campus guidelines dictate, students must always wear a face mask and observe 6 ft. social distancing. All students will be REQUIRED to complete COVID-19 training prior to coming back to the UTHSC campus. Student’s temperatures may be taken upon entering the Alexander Building, in accordance with campus policy.
- Only students with reservations will be admitted to the Library. Students should not come to the Library unless they receive a confirmation email for their reservation for the current day.
- Upon arrival at the Library, students will buzz into the Information Desk at the 2nd floor entrance. ID badge access to the Library will not be turned on, but students will need their ID to enter the Alexander Building and to check-in at the Information Desk.
- Students must observe social distancing markers put in place by the Library.
- Breakrooms will be closed (no refrigerators, no microwaves).
- No equipment or computers will be available for checkout during this phase of reopening.
- Students will be expected to stay in their study area while in the Library.
- If you leave the Library during the day for a break, you must buzz back into the Library and check-in at the desk before returning to your study space.
- All carrel keys must be returned to the 2nd floor Information Desk by 5:00 pm.
- Campus police will clear the building at 5:00 pm.
The Library can assure you that we are working to accommodate student needs and provide as many study spaces as safely possible.
Thank you for your cooperation as we continue the process of reopening. We hope to see you soon!