Special Membership Rates – $25 for UT Faculty and Staff, $15 for UT Students!
The UT Gardens system contributes an invaluable service to the community by providing beautifully designed plant collections that are free and open to all. We are a non-profit organization relying on membership fees, fundraising events, grants and donations to continue our day-to-day operations. Please help us continue our mission to inspire, educate, and cultivate an appreciation of plants through horticultural displays, educational programs, and research
.We are holding a membership drive through Friday, August 31, and I wanted to make you aware of the special individual member rates that we offer for UT Faculty & Staff and for UT Students and the benefits you receive when you join. For a $25 annual fee (Faculty/Staff) or $15 (Students), you will get all the benefits listed below:
• Free admission to over 320 participating gardens, arboreta and conservatories across the country through the American Horticultural Society’s Reciprocal Admission Program.
• Discounts at UT Gardens plant sales, Knoxville campus workshops and programs.
• Two issues per year of Cultivate, the official magazine of the UT Gardens.
• One year subscription to Better Homes and Gardens or Living magazine.
• Early notification & ticket offerings for special events.
• 20% discount on your first order from White Flower Farm.
The Reciprocal Admissions Program provides you with free admission to other participating gardens. One trip to Atlanta Botanical Garden, which normally charges $21.95 admission, would save you almost as much as you would pay for your UT Gardens membership! Participating gardens are indicated in the image below, and you can find more details at https://ahsgardening.org/gardening-programs/rap/find/statebystate .
Your membership funds go to support the site (Knoxville, Crossville, or Jackson) with which you are most closely affiliated, but all members can enjoy the benefits offered at any of the three sites. As long as it is postmarked by August 31st, you will be eligible for any of the special promotions your selected site is offering during the drive. You’ll receive a membership card and instructions for redeeming your free magazine offer within 2 weeks of joining.
You can check out our websites and social media pages for more details about our gardens and membership! Each garden site is promoting the drive within their own community, so reach out to see what special promotions they may be offering as well! For example:
• UT Gardens, Knoxville – members who join or renew during the drive will be entered to win one of ten great garden prizes, including select plants and a new garden-to-table cookbook.
• UT Gardens, Crossville – members can join or renew in person at the Fall Gardeners Festival on Tuesday, August 28 from 9am-3pm CST. This day of learning is FREE and open to the public!
• UT Gardens, Jackson – members who join or renew during the drive will be entered to win $20 off their purchase at the Fall Plant Sale on Thursday, October 4.
Recognized in 2013 as the official botanical gardens of the state of Tennessee, the University of Tennessee Gardens located in Knoxville, Jackson and
Crossville are part of the UT Institute of Agriculture. The gardens are open during all seasons and are free to the public.
Contact Beth Willis at email@example.com for more information.