World relief Memphis and Asha’s Refuge are two of the major organizations which assist with refugee resettlement in Memphis. We ask your assistance in collecting supplies and monetary donations to support them. List of requested items can be found below.
Donations through UTHSC GRIT will go directly to these organizations.
Donate here: https://givebutter.com/cZt05b
Donation box locations: Coleman building (in-front of elevators), GEB building (on a wall right past the coffee shop), 920 Madison ave (on a wall right before the vol shop)
List of requested items:
- Toiletries (Ex: soap, deoderant, shampoo, toothpaste, razor, toilet paper)
- Cleaning Supplies (Ex: liquid laundry detergent, dishwashing soap, sponges)
- Household Supplies (Ex: pots, pans, can opener, light bulbs, towels, sheets, kitchen utensils)
- School Supplies (Ex: backpacks filled with general supplies)
- Baby Bags (Ex: Fill a baby bag with diapers, wipes, baby items that will fit in the bag, onsies)
- Diapers and Wipes all Sizes
- Nonperishable Foods (Ex: Dried Beans, Pasta, Rice, Canned Spaghetti Sauce, Nido Toddler Milk)