The use of music, movies, and digitized textbooks on college campuses in and out of the classroom are an everyday occurrence. But are these resources utilized in a manner that do not infringe on copyright laws? When you can and can’t apply fair use for educational purposes is confusing. There are lessons to be learned from recent rulings on fair use that will help faculty and staff navigate copyright laws and avoid litigation and fines.
Join us for this 60-minute webinar where you will discover:
• Clear instructions for making fair use determinations
• What are your rights for copying DVD’s, CD’s, video clips & more
• Online & hybrid courses: Tips for streaming video outside the classroom
• How the internet changes fair use – exceptions and exclusions
• Lessons learned from Georgia State, the Hathi Trust decision & others
To register to attend the Digital Media & Copyright in Higher Ed webinar and learn more about other upcoming professional development events, please go to: https://tinyurl.com/sept22profdev
On behalf of our institution, thank you for all that you do!
(firstname.lastname@example.org / 901-448-2253)