- Closings on Campus
Yesterday, two announcements were made for closings on the Memphis campus due to COVID-19:
- Health Sciences Library is closed until at least December 7
- UTHSC Fitness Center and Student-Alumni Center are closed until further notice
2. Wear a mask, and wear it correctly!
In order for face masks to be effective, they must be worn correctly. This article from The New York Times gives a great visual of “How NOT to Wear a Mask.”
- Stay home if you have chills, fever, headache, or shortness of breath.
Perform a self-check for COVID-19 symptoms daily before coming to campus at selfcheck.tennessee.edu. Employees who test positive should report their diagnosis to HR via the UTHSC Employee COVID-19 Notice Form.
- Maintain a social distance of at LEAST six feet from others.
Reposition furniture to allocate 144 sq. ft. per person. Alternate work schedules should be considered for employees. Face-to-face meetings or gatherings with more than 10 people in attendance are prohibited – use Zoom or Teams instead.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
You should wash your hands when entering and exiting your work area or laboratory, after contact with frequently touched surfaces, before eating or drinking, and whenever concerned about contamination.