1. Campus Food Drive to Benefit the UTHSC Campus Cupboard
The annual Campus Food Drive is happening now through Friday, December 4. This year’s proceeds will go to the UTHSC Campus Cupboard, benefitting the entire campus!
The Campus Food Drive will accept non-perishable food, paper products, and monetary donations. For more details on the types of items that are most needed, please visit the UTHSC Campus Food Drive website.
Donation boxes have been set up across campus. We will also be holding two drive-thru events at the Van Vleet Building, 3 North Dunlap Avenue, as a convenient and safe option to make your donation:
- Monday, November 16, 7:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Monday, November 23, 7:00 am – 12:00 pm
Monetary donations can securely be made at giving.uthsc.edu/CommunityEngagedCare.
2. Announcing the HSC Hub!
Back in August, we mentioned that the ownership of the VolShop location on UTHSC’s Memphis campus would be transferred from UT Knoxville to the UT Health Science Center, and we asked the campus to vote on possible names for the new store.
We are excited to announce that the UTHSC store on the first floor of the Madison Plaza has been officially named the HSC Hub!
The HSC Hub carries the same types of items as the VolShop previously did – computers (Apple and PC), tablets, smart watches, head phones and ear buds, computer accessories, stethoscopes, UTHSC-branded apparel, accessories, drinkware, gift cards, drinks, snacks, etc.
930 Madison Avenue, first floor
Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
(reduced hours because of COVID-19)Shop online:
3. COVID-19 Message
As we continue to move through this COVID-19 pandemic, here are some requirements pertinent to maintaining the safety of our campus:
- Wear a mask, wash your hands frequently, and maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet from others at ALL times. This is key to eliminating any transmission on campus.
- UTHSC students and employees must continue to report positive diagnoses and the need to quarantine following close contact with known positive individuals:
- UTHSC students must report this to their Associate Dean, Department Chair, Program Leader, or Division Director, who will then report this information to Campus Safety by emailing Tim Barton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UTHSC employees must report this via the HR Notice of COVID-19 Occurrence form on the HR website.
- Following a close contact with a known positive individual, you must quarantine for 14-days before returning to campus based on testing results. University Health Services will reach out to individuals that have received either a positive diagnosis or those who have been quarantining to coordinate their safe return to campus.
- Observance of campus guidelines, including the use of face masks and social distancing, can challenge social norms and routine work practices pre-COVID. Supervisors and professors should provide ongoing support to their employees and students by raising awareness when they see at-risk behavior and prompting them with reminders about compliance.
- Our behavior at home and in social situations off campus has a major impact on our colleagues and our patients. As health care providers, many of us are actively seeing patients, and must avoid gatherings or behaviors where the risk of COVID-19 transmission is high. At-risk behavior by us places our colleagues and patients at risk.
4. Virtual Employee Service Recognition Program
Help celebrate our amazing employees who have reached service milestones at UTHSC! The virtual Employee Service Recognition Program will be held on November 18 at 10:00 am. This event is open to all employees. Please use the link below to register and receive the Zoom link.
5. Unity Walk Against Gun Violence
Please join UTHSC on Saturday, November 14 for a community Unity Walk Against Gun Violence. The two-mile route will begin and end at the parking lots of the West Tennessee Regional Forensic Center and Juvenile Court, 637 Poplar Ave. Ample parking is available. Participants will assemble at 9:30 am and the walk begins at 10:00 am. All are welcome and encouraged to attend. Masks and social distancing are mandatory! Rain date is November 21.
For the latest information related to the walk, and a list of community resources, please visit the Facebook event.