1. Starbucks is OPEN!
Starbucks is now OPEN in the UTHSC Madison Plaza Food Court, Monday through Friday, 7:00 am – 2:00 pm. The UTHSC Madison Plaza Food Court is located on the first floor of 920 Madison Avenue.
2. UTHSC Coronavirus Symposium – July Update
Register now for UTHSC’s second online symposium for coronavirus information on Tuesday, July 28, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm.This symposium will feature members of UTHSC, Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital, and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
3. Sales Tax Holiday at UTHSC VolShop on July 31
Purchase clothing, school supplies, and computers TAX FREE from the UTHSC VolShop on Friday, July 31.Pre-order your computer or tablet at uthscvolshop.com/preorder by July 24 for pickup on July 31 to take advantage of the Tennessee Sales Tax Holiday. Payroll deduction is available for qualifying purchases.
For any questions, please contact the UTHSC VolShop at 901.448.5427 or email@example.com.
4. Library Liaisons Announce Online Office Hours
The library liaisons for the Colleges of Dentistry, Health Professions, Medicine, and Pharmacy have announced their online office hours:
- The College of Dentistry library liaison, Kay Strahan, will be having office hours on Wednesdays, 9:00 – 11:00 am. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the link to her Zoom room.
- The College of Health Professions library liaison, Leah Cordova, will be having office hours on Tuesdays, 12:00 – 2:00 pm. Email email@example.com to get the link to her Zoom room.
- The College of Medicine library liaison, Tamara Nelson, will be having office hours on Tuesdays, 11:00 – 1:00 pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the link to her Zoom room.
- The College of Pharmacy library liaison, Hilary Jasmin, will be having office hours on Tuesdays, 9:00 – 10:00 am and Thursdays, 3:00 – 4:00 pm. Email email@example.com to get the link to her Zoom room.
For more information on library liaisons, visit libguides.uthsc.edu/liaison.
To schedule a one-on-one appointment, visit libcal.uthsc.edu/appointments.
5. Nominations Open for the Lichterman Award
Want to recognize an outstanding non-exempt UTHSC/UCH employee with at least three years of service? Nominate them for the Lichterman Employee of the Year Award! Nominations are now open through August 21.
Use the “people search” tool on the UTHSC website to search for and nominate eligible UTHSC/UCH non-exempt employees.
- Employees must have a non-exempt title classification.
- Employees must be a full-time UT Health Science Center employee (including employees at St. Francis and Jackson) or a full-time UCH employee.
- Employees must have been employed a minimum of three years prior to nomination.
- Quality of Work
For more information about the award and award process, please visit uthsc.edu/lichterman-award.