1. Mandatory: 2021 Annual Compliance Training
All current employees received an email on January 7 with the subject “Mandatory Training: Please Complete UTHSC 2021 Annual Compliance Training.” In an effort to maintain compliance with federal regulations and UT system policies, we are asking each of you to complete seven training courses in K@TE. These include:
- SANS Security Awareness Cybersecurity Knowledge PreCheck (IT Security Training) Completion Due by February 1
- Campus Security Authority (CSA) Training
- UT Code of Conduct
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Hazard Awareness and Workplace Safety
- Title VI (Civil Rights Act)
- Title IX: Mandatory Responsible Employees
In previous years, you received these trainings at various times throughout the year. To simplify this process, all training has been coordinated in one location and disseminated at one time. Please review the designated due dates within the training portal to ensure compliance.
If you have questions, concerns, or need assistance, the Office of Human Resources can assist you at 901.448.5600 or email@example.com. Thank you for your cooperation!
2. Parking Hang Tags
Parking hang tags for employees on the Memphis campus expired on December 31, 2020. If you have not picked up your new hang tag yet, please pick it up at Parking Services in the Van Vleet Building, 3 N. Dunlap Street, first floor, Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 4:15 pm.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Take the Research Strategy Survey
Please take approximately 10 minutes at your earliest convenience to complete a survey that will inform UTHSC’s research strategy for the next five years. The University will use your input in many ways, including to guide decisions about resource investments, to unify collaborative efforts in research around common goals, and during faculty hires.
For more background on this process, view the 2016 Operational Strategic Plan for Research.
Your responses will be kept confidential and shared only in summary form. Responses will not be attributed to the individual respondent. Summary results will be carefully considered by the OSPR planning committee and integrated into the updated plan.
4. Employee Performance Evaluations
Annual performance evaluations for staff are due March 31. Human Resources has compiled helpful resources for evaluating staff during difficult times:
- Evaluating Performance During Difficult Times presentation
- Evaluating Performance During Difficult Times pdf
For more information regarding performance evaluations, including review forms, a webinar, self-assessment forms, key elements guide, performance improvement plan information, etc., please visit the performance evaluations website.
5. Submit a Selfie to Support National Wear Red Day
UTHSC typically recognizes National Wear Red Day each year with the campus wearing red for a group photo to raise awareness about cardiovascular disease in women. Although we are still not able to gather in a group for a photo this year, we want to participate in this year’s National Wear Red Day, Friday, February 5.
All faculty, staff, and students can help support National Wear Red Day:
- Take a selfie wearing red – a shirt, jacket, scarf, earrings, boa, glasses, hat, and/or anything else red!
- Email your “red selfie” to email@example.com by Wednesday, February 3
- Share the 2021 campus photo – a “red selfie” grid – from UTHSC’s social media channels on Friday, February 5
The three most creative selfies will be awarded a Starbucks gift card courtesy of the Office of Equity and Diversity! So, pull out your red, snap those selfies, and send them our way!